Aviation Gin Blog
Nothing is easier than making homemade syrup! My personal favorite for the fall and winter seasons is cinnamon syrup. I really enjoy a splash of this in my morning coffee to add some natural flavor, but it works surprisingly well in cocktails. A delicious variation of Poinsettia Punch is made with Aviation American Gin, lemon juice, grenadine, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, Angostura bitters and of course, cinnamon syrup. This cocktail is to die for!
To make cinnamon syrup: simply simmer four cinnamon sticks in two cups of water for 10 minutes. Remove the sticks and add one and half cups sugar and keep on heat until the sugar dissolves, cool and enjoy!
Recipe for Poinsettia Punch:
- 2 oz Aviation American Gin
- ¾ oz Freshly pressed lemon juice
- ¼ oz Cinnamon syrup
- ½ oz Grenadine
- 1 tsp St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Clove-spiked lemon wheel for garnish
- Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker
- Shake with ice
- Strain into double rocks glass with fresh ice
- Garnish with lemon wheel spiked with cloves
Recipe from cocktails.about.com
– Christina Shapalis, Tasting Room Super Star
Welcome to AviationGin.com.
You must be of legal age to purchase alcohol to view this website.
Please verify your birthdate: