Aviation Gin Blog
Grilling – A Pineapple Cocktail
The warm weather inspires grilling and while I love tossing pizzas, hamburgers and veggies on the grill, my world revolves around cocktails. With a pineapple in one hand and a passion of Aviation based drinks in the other, I got to work this last sunny weekend on a Grilled Pineapple Southside. The beauty of the Southside is it’s easy to add in almost any fruit and herbs to make a new version of a classically great drink and make it your home signature cocktail. Try my drink below or experiment with what you have on hand, like peaches, watermelon or plums.
Grilled Pineapple Southside
Step 1 – Cut your pineapple into grillable strips
Step 2 – Grill on all sides until you get tasty grill marks on your pineapple
Step 3 – Cut pineapple into 1 inch chunks and then follow the recipe below.
- 2 oz Aviation American Gin
- 3/4 oz Freshly pressed lemon juice
- 2 chunks Grilled pineapple
- 6 leaves Mint
- 3/4 oz Simple syrup
- In a pint glass, muddle the mint leaves and pineapple chunks
- Add spirits & mixers
- Fill with ice & shake vigorously
- Fine strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a pineapple chunk
– Kelly Sanders, Marketing Manager
Welcome to AviationGin.com.
You must be of legal age to purchase alcohol to view this website.
Please verify your birthdate: