Aviation Gin Blog
Cantaloupe Campari Cubes
As a kid my mom would always keep a bowl of sliced cantaloupe in the fridge for my little sister and I to snack on. It’s a fruit that I’ve always associated with hot summer days and my best childhood memories. I recently stumbled upon a recipe for Cantaloupe Campari Popsicles on Food Republic, which I wanted to somehow incorporate into my adult summertime favorite, Aviation and Soda. It’s such a great, simple drink that easily be spiced up a little, or cantaloupe iced up in this case. Rather than using popsicle molds as the recipe suggested I decided to instead pour the cantaloupe mixture into ice trays. After patiently waiting for the mixture to freeze I poured a few Aviation and Sodas, cantaloupe cube included. The results were amazing!
Cantaloupe Campari Ice Cubes
- 1 Cantaloupe, peeled and seeded
- 3/4 cup Simple syrup
- 1/4 cup Campari
- Cut the cantaloupe into chunks and blend in a food processor (About 2 1/4 cups once blended)
- Pour blended cantaloupe into a large pitcher and add simple syrup
- Slowly add Campari, until its taste is noticeable, and mix
- Pour the mixture into ice cube molds of any size and place in freeze*
*Leave some space at the top so the mixture has room to expand
- 1 1/2 oz Aviation American Gin
- 4 oz Soda Water
- In a glass, add spirits & mixers
- Fill with ice and stir
- Garnish with a lime wedge
-Alex Hutchinson, Marketing Intern
Welcome to AviationGin.com.
You must be of legal age to purchase alcohol to view this website.
Please verify your birthdate: